What is Haematology?
Haematology is the specialty of medicine that entails disorders of the blood and associated organs (bone marrow, spleen, lymph nodes).
A Haematologist is a doctor that specialises in Haematology.
Common Haematological Problems
- Blood cell problems (Abnormal cell counts low or high - Polycythaemia, Anaemia, Leukaemia, Lymphoma)
- Blood cancers
- Clotting problems (Pulmonary Embolus)
- Bleeding problems (Haemophilia)
- Bone marrow problems (Myelodyplastic syndrome, Myelofibrosis, Essential Thrombocytosis)
- Haemoglobin problems (Thalassemia, Haemoglobinopathies)
- Easy Brusing (low platelets)
Are you concerned that you may have a blood problem?
Book an appointment to see a specialist to discuss your concerns.